Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 5, 2014 -- Marxist Minstrels!


For my June 5th WCBN show, I'll be examining "the Communist Subversion of AMERICAN FOLK MUSIC" using Rev. David Noebel's 1966(?) spoken word album "The Marxist Minstrels" as a guide.

From the very first issue of Pete Seeger's People's Songs in February 1945, to the latest album by Bob Dylan, Noebel shows us the continue presence of the far-left in folk music.

The spoken word excerpts I'll feature from the album will give history and context to the music -- I've already picked over 70 minutes of songs so I may be able to almost make a complete three hour show of this. If not, I'll turn the show over to requests so the listeners can help me keep the mood going.

Or if I get a lot of angry callers I have this Orrin Hatch album which I'll just put on repeat.

Thursday 12-3 pm on wcbn.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment