Friday, June 12, 2015

c60: Jesus Freak Show



I used to live in Holland, MI and I used to pick through the copious thrift stores there and start collecting interesting looking lps -- largely religious, due to the area that I was picking in. A genre of particular attraction to me was christian music of the 60s and 70s specifically designed to be attractive to the disaffected youth of the day. See the above picture.

So I'm going to play a bunch of the records I collected, plus some general "Jesus Freak" music of the day. I might have to pull out Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar too.

I hope you find this enjoyable. I wanted to stress that I don't mean to promote nor denigrate Christianity by my choice of songs tonight. I could choose a variety of naive, awkward pro-drug music embracing Eastern mysticism and the occult from the counterculture as well -- but you've been hearing those songs on the radio for years . . . :)

Friday-Saturday midnight-3 a.m. EST. Listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment