Friday, May 29, 2015

Tonight's C60: Your Own. Personal. Forgotten Singer-Songwriter.

"Bah everyone has already found the forgotten singer-songwriters of the 60s and 70s but not me. Wah, wah, it's no fun playing Skip Spence, Judee Sill or Linda Perhacs, everyone already knows about them. I want my own outsider artist. I want my personal acid casualty that I could show to everyone as my DISCOVERY. Some wide-eyed beardy or wispy manic pixie dream-girl that NOBODY ELSE KNOWS ABOUT."  -- My thoughts while sitting in my bubble bath.

So tonight I'm going to go through the Folk (and maybe some of the Rock) vinyl that wcbn has amassed over its years of existence and try to find obscure artists that I've never heard of and that you can't find on Spotify. I know that's not saying much, but maybe together we can find our Own. Personal. Forgotten Singer-Songwriter. . .

This is me. Geeked out about my next radio show. Please ask about my t-shirt.



3 comments: